Throughout the year, students may be asked to submit recordings for evaluation by the band directors. At the beginning of the year, Wind Ensemble students are asked to complete a series of recordings of their All-Region Music. Any method of recording is accepted, however, utilizing the Charms website or app is the preferred method. Remember, all recordings must be done with the use of a metronome (Charms has this built in).
This video will show you how to use the Charms website to submit a recording.
This video will show you hot to use the Charms App to submit a recording.
Tips and Reminders
- PRACTICE! There is no use in submitting a recording if you have not practiced the material. Just like choosing not to study for a test, failing to practice will not be happy for anyone. Set yourself up for success!
- Make sure your recording equipment works before you choose to record. Whether you are using the Charms app, recording on your phone, recording on the computer, or any other method, you should do a test run early to make sure everything is working properly and you know how to record. If you wait until the last minute, you may not have time to fix any problems.
- When you are ready to record, have all your necessary supplies: metronome, instrument, reeds, music, etc. Be prepared!
- Are you ready? There are several ways to send a recording. These are listed from most to least desirable:
- Use the Charms App on your smartphone or tablet.
- Use Charms on a computer.
- Use a recording app on your smartphone or tablet that will allow you to email the file.
- If you do not have access to any of these methods, see a band director immediately.
A few final reminders:
- Don’t wait until the last minute to record.
- Use a metronome during recording (set it to the assigned tempo).
- Submit your best recording.
Superior Standards ~ Superior Success